Events & Promotions
Now accepting registrations for summer drone ground school!
Two sessions available: July 29-30 and Aug. 26-27Download PDF
Events & Promotions
Early Bird Discount for Ground School
Download the pdf at the top of the screen for details on how to receive a 25% discount on our next Ground School Session. Don't miss out ... offer expires July 31, 2017!
Save the Dates - Props & Pistons Festival
Make plans to come out to Akron Fulton Airport on Sept. 9 & 10. Lots of exciting activities for all ages. Stop by American Winds' display for a chance to win a Discovery Flight Package valued at $200! Click here for up-to-date show information!
July Discover Flight Special
If you are interested in a career in aviation or want a once-in-a-lifetime flight experience - reserve one of our Discovery Flights. Click on the download at the top of the screen for more details.
Sporty’s EEA Young Eagles
Sporty’s, the world’s largest pilot shop and a flight training facility, is offering FREE access to its online course to help you prepare for your first flight. Upon completion of the online course, you will receive a voucher which entitles you to one 30-minute introductory flight* at American Winds. To learn more about the EAA Young Eagles program through Sporty’s and to create your log in for the FREE online course, click here.
Click here for more information about American Winds and our flight training courses/programs, call 330-733-2500 or e-mail admissions@TeachMeToFly.com.
*American Winds Terms & Conditions
- Includes pilot time, headset rental and fuel surcharge.
- Available for students up to age 17; students age 13 or younger must be accompanied on the flight by a parent or legal guardian – additional $30 passenger fee applies.
- Intro Flights are weather permitting.
- Passenger height and weight restrictions may apply; cannot exceed weight/balance regulations. If aircraft upgrade required, additional fees may apply.
Drone Pilot Ground School Course
Two-day course with FAA-Certified Instructors covers the following topics to assist you in preparing for the FAA Part 107 UAS Aeronautical Knowledge Test:
- Federal Aviation regulations
- Aerodynamics and Aircraft Operations
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
- Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance
- Emergency procedures
- Crew resource management
- Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
- Aeronautical Information Manual
- Aeronautical Decision Making
- Aircraft Performance
- Weather Theory
- Weather Reports and Forecasts
Price includes: instructional binder, FAA sectional map, and FAR AIM guide. Click on the link at the top left for upcoming dates.